Wednesday, June 10, 2026

LITTLE MISSOURI STATE PARK 080725

 Little Missouri State Park near Killdeer, North Dakota. I was only able to view these badlands from overlooks when I visited. Unfortunately, the trail down into the badlands was closed due to being too wet and slick from recent rains. In fact, the night I camped there, I ended up car camping as a very heavy storm passed over from about 10PM to 1AM. The rain was extremely noisy pounding on the metal roof of my vehicle, it finally stopped and I slept surprisingly well afterwards. There was this unfortunate family I saw in a nearby campsite who had set up a tent. Not long after the storm hit, I saw them hurriedly breaking camp in the pouring rain and retreating to their vehicle. This one is on my list of "unfinished business" as I would like to return someday and hike the badlands inside the canyon.














No comments:

Post a Comment